Numbers on Mefi3 >

Numbers on Mefi3

Notices

Numbers on Mefi3

Old 04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Numbers on Mefi3

Does anybody have a 1999 454-MAG-MPI that can tell me the four digit code on the side of their ECU? Its a little white sticker on the side of the black box with four digits like "DCE9" or something.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Click on this link,you should find the common id numbers your looking for in the mefi id section on page 4,Smitty
http://216.230.203.183/acro/connect.pdf
Old 04-19-2009, 04:36 AM
Registered

Thanks smitty, I am actually looking for the four digit code that is on the side of the ecu...I am looking to unlock a friends ecu with the mefiburn and Bob said he has some unlock codes he just needs to know the four digit code on the side of the ecu. Of course, I have the codes on both of mine, but my buddy is missing the sticker. Unfortunately I have the 999 computers which are bastards and I don't feel comfortable dumping his entire program and starting with a "maybe" program.

By the way, how are you liking the mefiburn? I am getting a kick out of it. I followed your lead and will be setting up one ecu for NA and one for the Procharger... pretty friggin cool!!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by trawfish
Thanks smitty, I am actually looking for the four digit code that is on the side of the ecu...I am looking to unlock a friends ecu with the mefiburn and Bob said he has some unlock codes he just needs to know the four digit code on the side of the ecu. Of course, I have the codes on both of mine, but my buddy is missing the sticker. Unfortunately I have the 999 computers which are bastards and I don't feel comfortable dumping his entire program and starting with a "maybe" program.

By the way, how are you liking the mefiburn? I am getting a kick out of it. I followed your lead and will be setting up one ecu for NA and one for the Procharger... pretty friggin cool!!
If you know some one that is a merc dealer they could try calling teck support and get a list of the #'s you are looking for, years a go I have read a list of those # some place. Just a idea.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boat teck
If you know some one that is a merc dealer they could try calling teck support and get a list of the #'s you are looking for, years a go I have read a list of those # some place. Just a idea.
Might be worth a try... Ill bet they keep a pretty tight lid on that info.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you get a list of unlock codes that will allow you to get into a particular stock mefi without erasing the whole program let me know,I wasn't aware you could do this and I have sevreal mefi setups I am getting ready to install on projects. Please post them or E-mail me,Smitty
Old 04-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have 2 mefi3 ecu's,one is from my 2000 502 mpi,it has F9EF on it the boat was new in spring of 2000,it may be a 99. The other is a mefi3 from a stock hp 500,not sure of year but it has a EB4C,see what you can find. My F9EF has already been overwritten by Crockett for my old 945 hp procharger set-up but the hp 500 ecu is still locked as far as I know,Smitty