blower surge

Notices

blower surge

Old 04-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower surge

they are 871s w 1050 dominators is there anyway to adjust the carbs to get the roll out of the idle, kinda hard on the drive if i miss the low side of the idle.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of it can be adjusted out, but that is typical of blower motors. On mine, it took some tuning to find that happy spot were the roll is no more than 500 rpm, and we tested shifting into gear at the top of the high side so it catches when it is at the low end of the roll. You can find the happy medium where it isnt idling too high and doesnt die at the low end of the roll when you shift in gear. Its really hard to get it all out.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts
Default idle

Originally Posted by eichhoma
Some of it can be adjusted out, but that is typical of blower motors. On mine, it took some tuning to find that happy spot were the roll is no more than 500 rpm, and we tested shifting into gear at the top of the high side so it catches when it is at the low end of the roll. You can find the happy medium where it isnt idling too high and doesnt die at the low end of the roll when you shift in gear. Its really hard to get it all out.

I agree.
John
Old 04-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Registered

The best way to get it right is to tune the 1050 idle with an a/f meter. Adjust the idle mix screws for 14-14.5 a/f at idle. Then don't let it idle too low or surge will start. Set the low side to 800 -1000 rpm.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
they are 871s w 1050 dominators is there anyway to adjust the carbs to get the roll out of the idle, kinda hard on the drive if i miss the low side of the idle.

Easiest way to do it is to fatten up the idle circuits. If that doesn't work then you can get into the air bleeds. Mine only surge about 200rpm with some pretty nasty solid rollers.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also lock the dist advance, and set at 26 deg, that will help clean the idle up as well..Rob