Innovate LM1 or LM2

Notices

Innovate LM1 or LM2

Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Innovate LM1 or LM2

Looking at Innovate LM1 and LM2. What i have is a single 502 MPI Which one it the pest for me?.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

I got a good LM1 off of e-bay for $100. I put 4 bungs and plugs in my pipes (twins). I just moved the O2 sensor to each pipe to read each bank. Once your dialed in you shouldn't have to be messing around anymore.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Registered

I bought a new LM2 last yr off jegs. The firmware was out of date when I recieved it so I had to figure out how to get that update 1st. After that, the a/f part worked fine but I was never able to get the rpm to work. I've done everything suggested on thier help site, still no good. The reason I got the LM2 was I wanted the data logging capability. Without rpm there is not data logging so I would have been better off with the LM1.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
I bought a new LM2 last yr off jegs. The firmware was out of date when I recieved it so I had to figure out how to get that update 1st. After that, the a/f part worked fine but I was never able to get the rpm to work. I've done everything suggested on thier help site, still no good. The reason I got the LM2 was I wanted the data logging capability. Without rpm there is not data logging so I would have been better off with the LM1.
Innovate hasn't helped you on that? I heard that was one of the +'s to going with innovate was their customer service was great. thats an F'n bummer
Old 04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

is there extra wires you have to hook up ,,,so it will read rpm,,dont they have a hook up for the plug wire,,so u can read rpm
Old 04-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered

It's been since last summer since I tried to get the rpm to work so I don't remember the specifics just now. I do know I did everything they said including wiring in a variable resistor which did not work. I used to go on the forum but after a while the help diminished and there were still problems. I may give it another go this summer but in hindsight, the a/f reading is what I was after and the LM1 does that.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's been since last summer since I tried to get the rpm to work so I don't remember the specifics just now. I do know I did everything they said including wiring in a variable resistor which did not work. I used to go on the forum but after a while the help diminished and there were still problems. I may give it another go this summer but in hindsight, the a/f reading is what I was after and the LM1 does that.
I had a problem with the LM1 (plus the seperate RPM converter required to read/log rpm) after a period of time/use. I called their tech support and after trying what I was told that confirmed the unit was not working I received a RM number, returned unit to Innovate and they sent me a working unit no charge. No problem since. My unit plugs into the tachometer feed wire from the ECU for the rpm signal. They were very helpful but you need to call.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
I had a problem with the LM1 (plus the seperate RPM converter required to read/log rpm) after a period of time/use. I called their tech support and after trying what I was told that confirmed the unit was not working I received a RM number, returned unit to Innovate and they sent me a working unit no charge. No problem since. My unit plugs into the tachometer feed wire from the ECU for the rpm signal. They were very helpful but you need to call.
Good suggestion, I may due that depending on how well my new engines cooperate this season. Thanks.

I might add that I feel very confident in the a/f readings which is most important when picking a meter. I would buy innovate again simply because of this, the data logging is secondary.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good suggestion, I may due that depending on how well my new engines cooperate this season. Thanks.

I might add that I feel very confident in the a/f readings which is most important when picking a meter. I would buy innovate again simply because of this, the data logging is secondary.
I think it was Ford Muscle Car Magazine that did a test of the various A/F meters. Some were really inaccurate that cost as much or more than the LM-1. The LM-1 accuracy was amoung the best regardless of price. They stand behind their product with tech support and service. A no brainer.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
I think it was Ford Muscle Car Magazine that did a test of the various A/F meters. Some were really inaccurate that cost as much or more than the LM-1. The LM-1 accuracy was amoung the best regardless of price. They stand behind their product with tech support and service. A no brainer.
That's why I bought it, that test. I had to richen significantly from the meter I was using after getting the LM2. Upon teardown this winter the a/f tune was right where I wanted it based on coloring. If I remember right the innovate is accurate to +/- .1 a/f, the others were as inaccurate as +/- 1.0a/f

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.