Tow Vehicle 2005 F-250 4x4 >

Tow Vehicle 2005 F-250 4x4

Notices

Tow Vehicle 2005 F-250 4x4

Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tow Vehicle 2005 F-250 4x4

Anyone have a 2005 F-250 4x4? Just wanted to see if anyone esle has a problem with the front end shaking uncontrolably over expansion joints on inerstate bridges. I have replaced the tires, shocks, stering stabilizer, had front end alined and still have the problem. When the problem occurs the vehicle must come to a complete stop before you can continue. The dealer cannot fix the problem, everything is to spec. Ford recently sent out a bulitin adressing the issue and blamed it on low tire pressure. This is CRAP!!!! Sounds like when the Explorers were all flipping over because they were top heavy, then blamed it on the tires. NTHSA (our government) has closed the case for now in favor of the low tire pressure. Anyone having one of these vehicles should file a report with NTHSA and call Ford directly.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pull w a lifted 05 f250 and have never had a prob. try double shocking it and see if that helps
Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Interesting. My 07 tows like a dream.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

I have an 05 FX4 with 63k on it and have never had anything close to that problem. I have heard that the ball joints have been a problem on some.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

That does sound like something bad ball joints would cause.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Sounds like tie rod ends or ball joints,have your steering re-checked,Smitty
Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeffswav
Anyone have a 2005 F-250 4x4? Just wanted to see if anyone esle has a problem with the front end shaking uncontrolably over expansion joints on inerstate bridges. I have replaced the tires, shocks, stering stabilizer, had front end alined and still have the problem. When the problem occurs the vehicle must come to a complete stop before you can continue. The dealer cannot fix the problem, everything is to spec. Ford recently sent out a bulitin adressing the issue and blamed it on low tire pressure. This is CRAP!!!! Sounds like when the Explorers were all flipping over because they were top heavy, then blamed it on the tires. NTHSA (our government) has closed the case for now in favor of the low tire pressure. Anyone having one of these vehicles should file a report with NTHSA and call Ford directly.
This is not crap. Set your tire pressure to factory spec and use the propper load range tires. I have worked for Ford for a long time and have seen this issue. It is due to the wrong load range tires or low air pressure. And by the way the explorer only flipped over after the POS firestone tires tread seperated. The tread seperated because of low tire pressure. And why would you want to run your tire pressure low? Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

have your tire checked and balanced,,,,i get that on our vans at work,,,i cant belive how many times it a tire,,,,wrapthed rotors,,,loose wheel bearings
Old 05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had a u joint on the front axle of my 06 F350 replaced, check yours for grease fittings, it might help
Old 05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 SONIC
This is not crap. Set your tire pressure to factory spec and use the propper load range tires. I have worked for Ford for a long time and have seen this issue. It is due to the wrong load range tires or low air pressure. And by the way the explorer only flipped over after the POS firestone tires tread seperated. The tread seperated because of low tire pressure. And why would you want to run your tire pressure low? Hope this helps.
Tire pressure is good. Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.