Questons on K planes?? >

Questons on K planes??

Notices

Questons on K planes??

Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questons on K planes??

i have a 260 stinger and my little bennett planes are allmost non responsive i need some k planes i found a set of 20x14's and a set of 30x 15's the 30x 15's are alot nicer than the 20's but more money what shoud i go with???? thanks Greg
Old 05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

280 K-Planes should be good for a 26' boat.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The smaller ones will be plenty. Just have them stripped and powdercoated or painted if needed.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

If you use the 380's(30" tabs), you could turn it into a submarine. You could wash the deck off any time you want by lowering the tabs.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Registered

yes i am finding this out even the 280 may be a little touchy on a 26. but i could get use to that better than next to nothing that i have now. the only thing now is deciding to throw that much money for tabs on such and old boat. i kind of like those dimond performance ones. a little cheaper but still spendy i also want to go counter rotating with four blade props more $$$$$$. but the boat is payed for i just need to keep it after i do all this that is. a little hard with all the good prices on boats these days thanks for all your input gus >>>>greg
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Take a look at Dana's tabs. They are quite a bit less than the K planes and are very nice. They use the same pump as the K planes and can be had in lots of different colors. They will be more than enough tab for the boat.
Eddie
Old 05-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gregk1
yes i am finding this out even the 280 may be a little touchy on a 26. but i could get use to that better than next to nothing that i have now. the only thing now is deciding to throw that much money for tabs on such and old boat. i kind of like those dimond performance ones. a little cheaper but still spendy i also want to go counter rotating with four blade props more $$$$$$. but the boat is payed for i just need to keep it after i do all this that is. a little hard with all the good prices on boats these days thanks for all your input gus >>>>greg
THERES BEEN DEALS HERE IN THE CLASSIFIEDS, LIKE 1200 TO 1500, I broke those bennetts tabs the 1st year with my boat changed to 280s for16 years and now have 380s on my 24 baja and love them even more its all in the eye hand movement so 280s would be it for you
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

I thought of just extending my bennetts about 6" but am woried about braking the plastic ram. i run most of the time with the drives all the way down to keep it form porpoising. the tabs just work to keep the boat level and when someone moves to the other side of the boat i have to keep messing with it to keep it that way. it SUCKS!!!! i will look into the dana tabs allso but if you have to buy the merc pumps they are like $600 each