350 Mag mods? >

350 Mag mods?

Notices

350 Mag mods?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Well Iguess a supercharger it is then.... Is there a reason nobody uses Weiand blowers? There half the price of a whipple. Is the whipple than much better?
On a small block, that isn't going to put out a ton of boost, the weiand will work great for you. Check out the classifieds, and spam section. If you do get a used one( off a 525SC maybe?) you simply need to get a manifold for the small block. The reason I say 525SC, is that a lot of guys upgrade the blowers to whipple, and sell of the stock setups. The 525SC set ups would work *****en on a small block. Plenty of boost, without spinning the blower too fast.

Darrell.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
On a small block, that isn't going to put out a ton of boost, the weiand will work great for you. Check out the classifieds, and spam section. If you do get a used one( off a 525SC maybe?) you simply need to get a manifold for the small block. The reason I say 525SC, is that a lot of guys upgrade the blowers to whipple, and sell of the stock setups. The 525SC set ups would work *****en on a small block. Plenty of boost, without spinning the blower too fast.

Darrell.
Darrell,

The more I've looked into this the more I agree with all of you that supercharging is the way to go. What kind of difference would I see with using say a Whipple over a used 525sc blower? I'd really like to get up to the 470+ hp area if possible and still have the motor be reliable. The boat does a have an Alpha now but that is going to get pulled and replaced with a bravo. If I'm correct all I need for the conversion is a drive, drive coupler and the outer assembly, right? Right now my formula 242 is going about 48mph with a 19 pitch Mirage my goal is mid to high 60's with the supercharger and bravo. If I can find one I'd like to put on a shorty. Opinions on any of this?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Registered

any other opinions on this?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered

Well thanks for all the opinions on the 350. I decided that a BBC would really get me where I want to be. So I picked up a 396 that I will be putting in my 242 this winter. I'm trying to get the specs on the HP3 525 hp engine and see what I need to do to get that power.