Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
where to mount holley blue fuel pump? >

where to mount holley blue fuel pump?

Notices

where to mount holley blue fuel pump?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default where to mount holley blue fuel pump?

i am getting close to having my boat ready for the motor so i have been trying to plan out the engine compartment. i think i have everything figured out except where i want to mount the holley blue fuel pump, should i make a bracket and put it on the block or bolt it to a stringer? should the regulator be close to the pump or the carb and should i hard line it all or use braided hose on it with an fittings?
Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regalman4925
i am getting close to having my boat ready for the motor so i have been trying to plan out the engine compartment. i think i have everything figured out except where i want to mount the holley blue fuel pump, should i make a bracket and put it on the block or bolt it to a stringer? should the regulator be close to the pump or the carb and should i hard line it all or use braided hose on it with an fittings?
On the side wall. any place but the motor. Holley pumps hate heat.Your fuel filter must be after the pump,if the pump fails it passes rubber. I ran the reg close to the carb,easy to read and adjust. Mallory is a better pump.been there done that!
Old 05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

which mallory are you talking about? i have not ordered the pump yet.... do these pumps fail often? also is the marine grade pump gonna matter much for the extra cash?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

which mallory are you talking about? i have not ordered the pump yet.... do these pumps fail often? also is the marine grade pump gonna matter much for the extra cash?
They have a marine pump,low psi high vol.[ mallory] summit sells them. The holley only lasted a year. after the second one I switched and that pump is three years old and on it's second owner.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by risingsun
They have a marine pump,low psi high vol.[ mallory] summit sells them. The holley only lasted a year. after the second one I switched and that pump is three years old and on it's second owner.
Man I'm getting as bad as some of these other guys. Mallory pump comes with reg. summit racing has what u need. I just looked them up.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

How about on the engine??

http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=7771
Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

where do i want to mount the holley blue fuel pump fittings?
You need to mount it below where your pickup line comes out of the tank in your bilge. These electric fuel pumps are not designed to draw fuel up to them. They are designed to push fuel. I just went through this with mine. I could not get my pump to draw fuel from my tank if it was 6" higher then my outlet hose. I mounted it 3" below my pickups and have had no problems, will work like a gravity siphon once it start flowing.

Regulator as close to the carb as possible.

BTW the real place to mount a holley blue is in the garbage, I just went through my second one and have Mallory's on the way as I type. Mallory Comp 140's.

My $0.02
Old 05-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

so holley blues are just junk? i have been reading allot of bad stuff on them! i am gonna start looking intot he mallorys, i am on a budget so depending on cost i may be going for the mallory instead. do you guys recomend spending the extra for the marine versions? i noticed on the holleys it has the spot for the vaccum line on the front and the normal ones have a cap, had i just pull the cap and put a piece of brass tube in there instead? same thing right?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered

i just looked at the price, i am gonna have to stick to the holley, if i burn it up then i will upgrade, i can get the holley blue for 115 shipped new, i cant wing 250+ on the mallory right now.... this boat is already sucing my bwallet dry! i think i am about 8 grand in already in 3 months lol
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
You need to mount it below where your pickup line comes out of the tank in your bilge. These electric fuel pumps are not designed to draw fuel up to them. They are designed to push fuel. I just went through this with mine. I could not get my pump to draw fuel from my tank if it was 6" higher then my outlet hose. I mounted it 3" below my pickups and have had no problems, will work like a gravity siphon once it start flowing.

Regulator as close to the carb as possible.

BTW the real place to mount a holley blue is in the garbage, I just went through my second one and have Mallory's on the way as I type. Mallory Comp 140's.

My $0.02
i could not agree more,****can the holley pump,use the mallory 140 marine pump,it will last 10 times longer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.