Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
valve spring swap question plasic seal thingy >

valve spring swap question plasic seal thingy

Notices

valve spring swap question plasic seal thingy

Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we are not trying to slam you trying to do this...but when you come out and call a part a thingy....give us a break..sounds like a waitress at hooters !!! so if you come across sounding like a idiot..what are we to think...now we are just trying to make sure you understand that valve train failures caused by dumb ass mistakes are costly !!!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

im done posting
Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like you know Griff, why don't you ask him what you should do. I have never heard him give bad advice to anyone.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

i am doing exactly what everyone else said to do, dropping them off and picking them up when done, the only thing i am not doing is a valve job. i want to do the assembly but i have baby #2 coming on monday so the other half said drop them off and deal with it . i will have less then 200 in them to finish them, at this point 200 isnt crap after buying the rest of the parts. anyone know which cam gear to buy for the bronze colored 731 roller? i am not sure the shaft size? a few people said the stock gear is fine but its a roller so i am thinking that may be wrong?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

got the heads back, i had tehm assemble them since everyone suggested it, they said no shims were needed so i could have put together myself i chose to. they only charged me 70 for assembly so i guess i got peace of mind knowing that it was done right. it was 185 total for all machine work, assembly, cleaned, vacume tested to be sure i didnt need a valve job, checked for cracks, valve spacers and seals. i was expecting it to be much more. i am trying to find a cam lock plate in town and then its all going back togther. thanks again for the input
Old 06-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Can I ask who did your machine work in town?
Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Registered

juat ran across this again. i used carquest of of 84th and f, jeremy is a strait foward honest guy, he helped me keep it within my budget and was fast and reasonably priced.

by the way i ran this engine every single weekend possible this season and it ran strong all season. great power! very happy but still want more! go figure lol. setting up for more power with k planes and i am looking for steering right now