Old Fuel Question ???????? >

Old Fuel Question ????????

Notices

Old Fuel Question ????????

Old 06-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
The problem is getting rid of that much fuel is going to take a permit of some kind. You can't just pull the plug.

Why didn't you run it through the cars all winter??
A PERMIT ???????????? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm dont need no stinkin permit
Old 06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Old fuel will drop in octane and hi-perf 2-strokes are more prone to detonate. A shattered piston is probably from the piston getting hammered on from deto. Crack the other engine open and I'm betting there is a hole in the top of the piston from deto.

Get rid of the fuel or run it in your lawn mower.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Old fuel will drop in octane and hi-perf 2-strokes are more prone to detonate. A shattered piston is probably from the piston getting hammered on from deto. Crack the other engine open and I'm betting there is a hole in the top of the piston from deto.

That fuel is so old I would not run it in my mower. Don't know what you could do with it at this point. Is that pure gas or E10?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by onesickpantera

thanks will see what we find
Old 06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeffswav
That fuel is so old I would not run it in my mower. Don't know what you could do with it at this point. Is that pure gas or E10?
was pure 93 octane and put some stabil in for winter
Old 06-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I had 50 gallons of super sit in my old boat without stabilizer for 3+ years. As soon as the carbs got fuel it fired right up. Before I put it in the water I sucked the old fuel out and put fresh in though. The old gas went into a 70's RV and ran fine mixed with another 30 gallons. The new boats fuel sits for 6 months without stabilizer and half tanks (50G a side). Filler up and take it easy for the first tank. The lawn mower and weed eater fire up every year, with a few extra pulls, with 6-7 month old gas. My CR250 is a pain to start if I leave fuel in the bowl for a week so I drain the bowl after each ride. Turn the gas on, one maybe 2 kicks and it starts. I think volume plays a large part in fuel going bad and climate as well. These fuel tanks are all in heated storage in the Seattle area.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just pulled out about 50 gallons of 10 year old gas out of my boat that I just got. The boat actually ran on it but I did not want to take the chance of running a motor on load with fuel that was that old. I use it in my golf cart and lawn mower and it has been fine. Now this is PRE E10 gas so maybe that has something to do with it? You can use what you have left to start a few bon fires!!