Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
need fuel pump advice and looking to buy a pump >

need fuel pump advice and looking to buy a pump

Notices

need fuel pump advice and looking to buy a pump

Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

To be honest I don't believe that you need a 140 gph pump. I just installed Mallory 140's but on the dyno I ran an internally regulated Mallory 110 and it supported 600HP easily.

(Mallory 110 Marine Electric Fuel Pump)
This Mallory Marine electric fuel pump delivers 110 gallons per hour with a 7 PSI output. Built for reliability, the construction of this pump features a billet aluminum housing with 3/8" NPT ports, a highly efficient gerotor design for quiet operations with a stable fuel output, and corrosion resistant coatings to withstand abusive marine environments
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

is the mallory 110 gonna cut it? i like the idea of it being sdjustable also though so the 140 may be better? i am looking into aeromotive now also, the 11211 and 11212 pumps. i am not sure what to do. i keep finding deals on automoyive pumps but not marine. i know everyone says not to use automotive ........
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by speedreeder
What kind of sea pump are you running right now? Do you have one that has the fuel pump mount on it? If you have a pump like that you can just put a mech. pump right on that ..cheap and will easily handle you motor.
That's what I did, and I used the standard merc fuel pump for a 500hp. I started with gen VI 502 415hp long block. Realy easy to install and setup - two bolts and your done. I'm also running thunderbolt ignition and 850 holley.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i cant go mechanical due to my sea pump. a new sea pump will cost more then a electric fuel pump