What Pistons? >

What Pistons?

Notices

What Pistons?

Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguy
You know the whole thing about 9.5:1 comp with boost and running 93 octane.... Not trying to bash, but there are VERY few people and I mean VERY few people who can run this combo and not melt stuff to the ground everytime.
that would be my belief as well
Old 06-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the info, Not intercooled, when I cross refernced the pistons that were put in and seen they were 9.5.1, i knew that is where the problem was. Running MSD at 28 degrees timing NGK plugs. Anyone have the correct piston number I need or recomendations?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

P.S. As I am not a mechanic, just the driver with a pissed off wife not being able to work on her tan, I really need the help everyone is providing, don't be concerned about hurting my feelings, just want to make sure it is right this time. Thanks, boatguy
Old 06-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

find a engine builder that knows blower motors....
Old 06-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Registered

And lower the boost to 5psi and raise the richen the a/f to below 12.

The reason higher boost and lower compression is best is because you can pack more mix into the cylinder. But it is possible to make them live the other way around I just think you may have gone over the edge a bit with the 6.5psi and lean a/f. As long as your blower has the capacity, you should definately drop the static compression to match what the blower can do comfortably. In my case with 177s on top of 470cid engines, higher compression was necessary to get the bang out of the blowers. I would have to spin them too fast with lower compression and that would create heat and defeat the purpose.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:43 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

besides finding the right tune up and lowering the compression a bit, Diamond Pistons make some very nice products and you can get special cotings on the as well.