Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
I want to but should I? >

I want to but should I?

Notices

I want to but should I?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like others said, dont expect to just jump in that thing and enjoy your weekends, expect to dump a lot of mony in it and work on it during the weekends.

if it was left uncovered i would'nt think of it, they have wood floors that are probably rotted.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

i like you comment daredevil its true if the engines blow or one blows i'll just part it out i never thought boats were alot of work till i got on this site and expensive i already checked the boat out i didnt feel any soft spots in the floor he has no time to run it so he gave me the go ahead to drop it in the water and start it and make sure stuff works isnt there a way to start the engines without putting the boat in the water?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant go wrong with a $1200 boat. Make SURE the title is clear or that $1200 boat could turn into a HUGE headache..
Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

If it floats, runs and drives and would only be out $1200, definately.

Where in MI? The trailer looks to not have had a valid plate on it for years. Make sure it runs, and if you balk at it I would be interested.....
Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

i live around the port huron area he said he used the boat last in 07 maybe it was 08 cant remember which it does have the tags for so im not sure, i would like to find someone who knows what there looking at but i dont know anybody. but thats what i was gonna do just start it on the trailer theres a place by my house where you can drop your boats and nobody checks if there registered the boat is in st clair shores and if there was anyway someone could help me down there it would be nice, i also need to buy a new plug cause the one is lost for that boat but shouldnt i just be able to go to a marine place and buy one