supercharged 502 won't get on plane >

supercharged 502 won't get on plane

Notices

supercharged 502 won't get on plane

Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

can you run the boat with a scan tool on it?

Curious to see what the timing is doing.

and to see if your getting a knock sensor timing reduction
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds like your boost reference regulator is hanging or someone has put in the wrong diaphram

Pay VERY close attention to how your fuel pressure steps up as the boost comes on. You may be running on the lean side as it hangs and then as it steps up.....voila.

Another thing to check is to make sure that the Procharger is not leaking oil around the seal. That will make it stumble like it is rich as air velocity increases. Once it goes into boost it can handle that little mist in the mixture.

I dunno the answer on the alarm. You should probably talk to someone that actually programs ECU's. If Tyler is too busy give Eddie Young or Mark Boos a call. Sounds like you need to reprogram it anyway and pay some attention to your fuel pressure step up anyway.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I spoke with Tyler again and he's going to squeeze me in. I'm going to get the boat to him this afternoon.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Registered

If he cant fit you in, call Greg at Kustom Marine, he is my mechanic and good friend and really knows is stuff.

Originally Posted by stevewy
Thanks for the responses. I spoke with Tyler again and he's going to squeeze me in. I'm going to get the boat to him this afternoon.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered

I had a procharged 454. I chased a similar problem for 2 years. Mine would run great sometimes then act up. It finally was the secondary fuel pump relay for the procharger fuel pump. It would cut off interminently. The factory stuff was working fine. The fuel pressure looked ok on gauge but putting a test gauge at the fuel rail revealed a different reading. It wasn't getting enough fuel. Fixed the relay and ran perfect until intercooler busted. No more Prochargers for me. Carbed now.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Registered

I might be leaning the same way. I've only had this boat for a couple months, so I'm willing to give it a little more time (and money) but for my needs I don't think I need the procharger. I doubt I'll ever get into the serious speed the charger is meant to provide. 60 MPH is way good enough for anything I ever want to do. Anything other than that is basically just talking points about what the boat is capable of doing. So, stay tuned..............there may be a used procharger for sale real soon!
Old 07-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevewy
I might be leaning the same way. I've only had this boat for a couple months, so I'm willing to give it a little more time (and money) but for my needs I don't think I need the procharger. I doubt I'll ever get into the serious speed the charger is meant to provide. 60 MPH is way good enough for anything I ever want to do. Anything other than that is basically just talking points about what the boat is capable of doing. So, stay tuned..............there may be a used procharger for sale real soon!
Get with me if you decide to sell it...I tend to be crazy that way with my boat...and I'm considering buying one anyway. Thanks Bill
Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Ok, no problem. If I decide to sell, I'll have to get a feel for what it's valued at and I'll PM you first. If this current problem is charger related........good chance I'll be willing to move on.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM

I got a procharger on my boat and it lost power on take off last weekend and it has 2 burnt exhaust valves. it ran good on top end but it had no power on take off , sounds just like what you are describing. hope its not but thats what mine was.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Registered

One other simple thing to check..make sure your ball check valve at the fuel tank is not clogged up with debris. I have seen it happen before, boat will idle and run ok to about 2500 rpms, but getting on plane is a no go because it just can't suck the fuel from the tank. Their should be a barb type fitting at the tank, inside that barbed fitting is a ball check valve. pull it apart and look inside to make sure it is not clogged. The ball can be knocked out to make cleaning easier, then tap it back in. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.