how long to yank off ? >

how long to yank off ?

Notices

how long to yank off ?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking how long to yank off ?

anybody know how many mercruiser flat rate hours are called for to remove and replace a bravo one out drive and any additional time called for to inspect the drive coupler ? or do they tell you to pull the motor to check it ?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered

I think my old marina charged around $200 for drive service. I never had it done there but a buddy of mine does every year, and every year they usually forget to put something back on and have to pull it off again
Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I would think anything over an hour would be excessive.
I would do them all day long for $100 a drive

The only thing you could not hook back up would be water hose for the speedo, and you can do that without taking the drive back off.
It dosen't get much simpler than that.

Alpha's are a little different and can be a pain.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Registered

im very familiar with taking drives on and off i just need to know what the mercruiser flat rate manual quotes so i can bill my insurance company if i do the work
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see what you could forget to put back on unless they have kids working on it. Two hours is fair to pull it off, check everything, check alignment, clean gaskets or o rings and reinstall. Yeah you could do it in an hour, but a doctor could probably replace your heart in less time than he charges but are you going to argue about that and tell him to cut corners?
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
I don't see what you could forget to put back on unless they have kids working on it. Two hours is fair to pull it off, check everything, check alignment, clean gaskets or o rings and reinstall. Yeah you could do it in an hour, but a doctor could probably replace your heart in less time than he charges but are you going to argue about that and tell him to cut corners?
I agree 2 hrs per drive is fair hopefully my insurance adjuster will agree Im going to send the drives out to have them checked lost the skeg on the left one and bent the skeg on the right prop on left is obviously bent right is possibly bent im not qualified to tear down and reassemble them but I CAN take em on and off figured it would save me some wait time at the marina