Replace Intake Manifold with boat in water >

Replace Intake Manifold with boat in water

Notices

Replace Intake Manifold with boat in water

Old 07-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Intake Manifold with boat in water

Has anyone replaced their intake manifolds with the boat in the water? I would like to replace my intake manifolds in my boat (twin 454s), and would like to know if there are any issues with replacing them while the boat is in the water. I have a 30' Cruisers Inc Rogue, and we sleep on the boat on the weekends, and also use it. I do not drive the tow vehicle to the boat every weekend, so pulling the boat out of the water would be a problem. Also, the wife wouldn't like the idea of pulling the boat out and then re-launching just to replace the intakes.

If this is better done on the trailer, then I will change them after boating season here in Michigan (Sept./Oct. time frame).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

If this is better done on the trailer, then I will change them after boating season here in Michigan (Sept./Oct. time frame).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill[/QUOTE]

As long as there is enough room to get the distributers out of the engine, and you dont mind draining the water in the engines into your bilge....it sounds like something i would do.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab Billy

As long as there is enough room to get the distributers out of the engine, and you dont mind draining the water in the engines into your bilge....it sounds like something i would do.
That's what I thought. The only other question is: Since I have alpha drives, do I need to disconnect the water intake hose going to the re-circ pump on the engine and plug it to prevent water from re-filling my blocks? I don't think I have to, but I don't want water to infiltrate into my oil.

Bill
Old 07-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeap, did my gibson, no problem....Rob
Old 07-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wfyehl
That's what I thought. The only other question is: Since I have alpha drives, do I need to disconnect the water intake hose going to the re-circ pump on the engine and plug it to prevent water from re-filling my blocks? I don't think I have to, but I don't want water to infiltrate into my oil.

Bill
Not unless your engines are way below your water line.