Help needed with Carb adjustment

Notices

Help needed with Carb adjustment

Old 07-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help needed with Carb adjustment

Hey guys I need some help adjusting a carburetor. I have a small block v-8 with an Edlebrock 4 barrel carburetor. It is bad out of adjustment and running very rich. I don’t know where to start with it.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get started and the proper way to set up the carburetor.

Many thanks in advance
Old 07-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn both air/fuel screws all the way in and then turn them out 1 1/4 full turns out for a starting point then aujust your idle to where you want it and then fine tune the air/fuel screws if needed, But make sure you engine timing is 100% right on, To help get the right smooth idel you are looking for. Also check your spark plugs and clean or replace them if they are rich. And if it still runns rich then maybe the fuel flotes are fuel soked and being held down and putting to much fuel in the fuel bowls inside the carb and making it run rich.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your reply BT

My neighbor builds round track cars and he came over this evening and assisted and we have it running and idling pretty good. He things that I may also have a vacum leak.

We ran them both in all the way without forcing them. Then we ran them out four turns. Then one at a time we turned in ntil the idle speed just started to drop off nad then we turned it back out 1-1/2 turns and repeated this on the other side.

Have a great 4th