wiring problems >

wiring problems

Notices

wiring problems

Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring problems

I have some gage problems. First of all I have a 1992 formula that had 502's but was repowered with 496 mag ho's. first problem was the oil presure gage would peg with key in the on position. checked the gage connections the black ground connection was on the - side of the gage instead of the g- ground side. swapped the leads and the gages with key on went to reset and look like the are going to work. haven't tested yet. Then I looked at the others wich were done the same way but temp gages are pegged now with the key in the on position but were normal before. so what am I missing here? Does have a good wiring Diagram and is anyone familiar with this kind of a swap. Take any help I can get. Thanks Ed
Old 07-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet would be to go to the livorsi or whoever gauages you have website. Iknow livorsi has PDF drawings of wiring for their gauges and tell you what there for on their site. I'm sure someone else will chime in on this. I know grounding is usually a big issue with gauges. Either loose or rusted or cables bad. good luck.