Intake gsket on a 454 >

Intake gsket on a 454

Notices

Intake gsket on a 454

Old 07-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake gsket on a 454

After the boat warms up to operating temperature, it starts to cut out at about 3500 RPM. Could it be vapor locking? Does the small square intake port on the gakets need to be blocked off? Could that be heating up the inake too much? It's a new engine, 465 HP with all new electronics. It runs great while still cold.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

I would try another distributor / coil. See you you can borrow one before you spend the money though.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brand new distributor, msd box, coil, everything. Runs awesome til she warms up. I'm thinking that since my engine is a non EGR engine, that I need to block off the EGR ports through the intake. I think it was set up that way before but the new gasket set didn't have the block of plates. Would this cause my problem? Could the intake be seeing too much heat from the exhaust gases going through the EGR port? Maybe it's flashing the fuel off before it get into the cylinders?

Last edited by powerquest rick; 07-27-2009 at 01:49 PM.