oil line size >

oil line size

Notices

oil line size

Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil line size

Does anyone know what size the oil lines are a 525 EFI....actually would like to know the NPT size thats in the oil thermostat housing on this engine...Anyone know
Old 07-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Registered

nobody has a 525 EFI...nobody know what size the oil lines are or the size of the threads that are in the oil thermostat housing....

Last edited by SED70; 07-29-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

someone isn't paying attention this morning
Old 07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

thanks or catching that..i just posted after working a 14 hour shift last night...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

let me word it like this and see what happens....Is the INSIDE DIAMETER of the oil lines that Merc uses the same on most or all there engines...i believe its 3/8 ID....not the length of the oil lines but the ID of the hose its self....like lets says a 454 mag and a 525EFI oil lines...or say a 1075SCi
Old 07-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

this is a dangerous topic. you will find opinions here that range from mine which suggests that, unless you are doung something extraordinary then 3/8 inside lines are fine (-10 if you are really afraid) to some that would have you believe that you should have them trench up the water pipes in front of your house and use those. there is a thread on here w/ about 200 pages that talks about this in detail with a lot of very very good objective technical data along with every bit of nonsense and voodoo and folklore that has ever been put forth over the
12th beer.

for me 3/8 is fine. but observations are made that some fittings neck down to less than that and that some tight 90's are garbage and that you should look at everything in the system to make certain there is nothing LESS than 3/8 or restrictions caused by poor hardware selection...

pay attention to those because those people are correct.