trim sender limit switch >

trim sender limit switch

Notices

trim sender limit switch

Old 07-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trim sender limit switch

Are the ceramic discs with the bonded metal on them availabe as seperat pieces anywhere? Or do i have to buy the whole kit?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:50 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hpy540
Are the ceramic discs with the bonded metal on them availabe as seperat pieces anywhere? Or do i have to buy the whole kit?
you have to buy the kit, i just switched out both due to perished insulation. however if the wire is good you can cut and splice the new one in with shrink and seal heat shrink
Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered

I did that on my buddy's 204 Eliminator edge. The wires are good adn so are the bodies ofthe senders just the ceramic with the contact patches on it is worn off. Does anyone know where i can get just the ceramics with the hex plug?

Thanx in advance
Old 07-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

you cant by any part of the sender or trim limit switch by itself they come as a kit. i would not cut the wires on the new units and try to seal them back up i think its a waste of time and money.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Registered

As usual i fail to get my pooint across! I am just looking for the ceramic discs with the hex plug that fits in the horizontal pin holders. the restof the limit switches are fine.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

you cant by any part of the sender or trim limit switch by itself they come as a kit.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

These guys are right. I looked them up on www.mercruiserparts.com
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hpy540
As usual i fail to get my pooint across! I am just looking for the ceramic discs with the hex plug that fits in the horizontal pin holders. the restof the limit switches are fine.
Yes you can get the round white disk by it self from merc, They call it a rotor, The merc parts guy at the dealer will find the part number in the parts book they have with photos of it in the book. Sorry I do not remember the part number off the top of my head. Keep in mind the little metel contacks at the end of each wire will need to be cleaned up Varry carefully if they look bad, And a lot of times water will get inside under the cap's "o" ring, So some times silcone will help that. This rotor is for the right side and, It is for the trim gauge only not the trim hight. I looked it up in that web site givin and thay had the part number. 805134A4.http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...Steering+Lever. Look at the part numbers at the varry bottom they even have a photo, so you can make sure you are getting the right part.

Last edited by Boat Tech; 07-30-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:53 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAST DUE
you cant by any part of the sender or trim limit switch by itself they come as a kit. i would not cut the wires on the new units and try to seal them back up i think its a waste of time and money.
look for a product called liquid tape, you can make any electrical connection completely waterproof. That is how we secure all aftermarket connections on our atv's. And we spend a lot of time in 3' or more of water. Works great on boat connections also.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

i stand corrected ....learn something new every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.