Need info on a Sonic 31ss Im about to purchase >

Need info on a Sonic 31ss Im about to purchase

Notices

Need info on a Sonic 31ss Im about to purchase

Old 08-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Need info on a Sonic 31ss Im about to purchase

I can not fine and NADA values on this boat. It is a 1989 Sonic USA 31SS. It has Twin 454's closed bow, cockpit cover, stereo, refrigerator, sink, bathroom. It is on a triple axle trailer. When use NADA it gives me no option for a 31SS just a 30SS and the 30SS doesnt have an option for a 7.4l motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly the trailer has a mechanism that has a seperate power wiring running the the reverse lights. I think he said it is supposed to release breaking so you can back up and not roll backwards. Is this the best way to hook this wiring up or is there another way preferred?

Any INFO on your thoughts on the sonic would be nice also. I have rode in it and like the boat but I have never owned a bigger boat. All mine have been smaller 20ft boats. Any pros or cons would be nice to hear.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1990 was a 30SS. It was changed at another model year to a 31SS. I don't know what year it was. It is a good boat. Make sure you have it surveyed. Check for signs of water in the cabin stowage under the bench seats. My rear bulkhead was also rotted. Good luck
Old 08-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

NADA is a worthless number on a 20 year old boat anyway. You need a marine survey.