Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu? >

588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu?

Notices

588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu?

fresh motor not even 5 hours and burned a piston need a good mechanic in lake havasu. motor was built by a shop in havasu.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

If you burned a piston in a brand new engine most likely you have a fuel delivery issue under load and the only way to do it right is to get the motor redone, then have the starting fuel curve set up on a dyno and then dialed in exactly in the boat with a wide band under running condtions. I am not sure there is a shop capable of all that in Havasu. You might want to bring the boat up to Paul Pfaffs shop in the OC and then have it dialed in close to there and then take it to Havasu. Also, Larry Peto at Larry's Marine Engines in Tucson could do the job and he is good with blower motors.

Best Regards,
Ray@Raylar
Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, L@rry Peto at Larry's Marine Engines in Tucson Home of the Burned pistons could do the job and he is good with blower motors.

OH PHUCH
you'll need all new pistons instead of 1 BIG Daddy
Beware & do yourself a favor
Heres 2 of his better pieces
Attached Thumbnails 588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu?-pix-064.jpg   588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu?-pix-095.jpg   588 CI supercharge burn a piston need R&R in Havasu?-pix-019.jpg  

Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Head 25 miles south to Parker, AZ and see Ron Gibbs at Bad Attitude Boats. He will get you fixed up.
Shop 928/669-8870
Cell 760/413-4263

Paul
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Registered

RunninHotRacing158 did he take care of you. what happen in you're case too lean or something else. what did he charge you for RR
Old 08-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sosatime
RunninHotRacing158 did he take care of you. what happen in you're case too lean or something else. what did he charge you for RR
oH HE TOOK CARE OF ME ALRIGHT !!!!!!!!bend over and grab your ankles and no VASELINE either
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink No Kangaroo court Here on OSO

RunninHot:

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with your engine using Larry Peto's work on your engine. I have always had good reports on his work up until now with your problem. Hope you get it worked out with him, if it's his work that's the problem. I don't know the facts here but I think Larry's score on blower motors is still real high even with your apparent problem. I hope you get your engine back together soon and runnin hard on the water!

Best Regards,
Ray@ Raylar