Engine alarm >

Engine alarm

Notices

Engine alarm

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbud35
35 Outlaw with 525's. Port motor set an alarm after hitting a pretty big wake Saturday. Steady alarm, the engine would not rev over 1500 rpm's. I shut off the engine and restarted. It ran fine until I hit a wake again. This happened three times coming home. I pretty sure it's a sensor. Hopping it gets looked at this week. That code should stay in the computer, right? Any ideas?
there is an overspeed alarm,,,maybe its going off while your in the air,,,you might have to start working the sticks more
Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
there is an overspeed alarm,,,maybe its going off while your in the air,,,you might have to start working the sticks more
In response to your post, the alarm was related to a hard jolt, like a crusier wake. Not from airing the boat out. If you were serious about the sticks comment, it is not an "overspeed alarm" it is a rev limiter alarm, I am fully aware of it. Besides, a rev limit alarm does not put the engine into gardian mode.

Last edited by redbud35; 08-21-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we (CPR) found the problem. It was a loose connection behind the dash. It was shorting out. Thanks for all the help, it seems there are alot of ways to set a steady alarm. Not just the obvious ones. Scott said it had threw alot of codes. That is how he new it had to be a connection issue.