Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
weird gen VI 454 running issue >

weird gen VI 454 running issue

Notices

weird gen VI 454 running issue

Old 08-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, have seen the crap from the alcohol fuel here to.....but gen runs from the tank with the engine with the issue and the other runs fine....still searching...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted. What was strange about mine was,problems started in the port engine (same Breaking up issue) Changed the filters, no change. Changed plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil. Engine ran super smooth at dock, took it out and runs good. Now same problem started on other engine, which already has all the same new parts. Got back to dock and port engine idles/runs like crap. Everyone is scratching their heads.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK !!!!! fixed it this weekend....unreal, installed a new high amp alt about 2 months ago, they had me wire it odd I thought, anyway the alt exciter wire ran strait to ignition wire that tired into dist and coil, removed the wire from the alt and engine mis went away...ran great all day today...weird crap I tell you, but what ever happened it took a couplr of weeks to effect the engine....and alt still charges as well....thanks for all the replys, Rob