Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS >

Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS

Notices

Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS

Old 08-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frontward-angled radar arch- Pretty much a signature of Sonic boats right? (maybe Hustler too? I cannot remember). I am ambivilent on the arch, but it says "Sonic" from far away, even more so than the Fountain hawks nose.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered

What happened to the pics?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:05 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice boat. It screams old school so I agree on no carbon fiber. LOSE the arch. Thing probly weighs 200 pounds and has to be a neg effect on handling. Update the dash, white gauges and lt. blue bezels. Lite blue accent stripes added to the existing stripes and the same for the side Sonic decals. stiching idea sounds good. Leave the cabin as is, looks nice except for the shag. Carpet in the cockpit sucks especially if swimming is going to take place. Engines are a whole different story. Be happy with high 70's, maybe with some not too expensive mods.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

I say keep the arch, and make it functional by putting a radar dome on it. Then you can threaten misbehaving guests with "I am going to turn on the radar and fry your brains and shivel up your nuts".
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Arch gives girls a hand rail to hang onto while dancing and another number of activities... EMBRACE the ARCH haha... Like the ideas though... Considering using arch and building in some 6x9's... It does add some cool ambient lighting at night time
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
The Arch gives girls a hand rail to hang onto while dancing and another number of activities... EMBRACE the ARCH haha... Like the ideas though... Considering using arch and building in some 6x9's... It does add some cool ambient lighting at night time
KY- I like your style keep the arch, It does not hurt the handleing at all , I run mine offshore and the boat will outrun many boats in the rough. I got rid of the lights that stick off the inside of the arch and replaced them with round, flush LEDs from west marine I also added a third to the center of the arch. They throw plenty of light and look really cool at night, and added plus you can run them forever and not kill the battery. As far as adding color I'm a big fan of Yellow/Black combo, I would throw some black on it. Don't be afraid of carbon fiber I redid my dash with it and I think it looks good.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS-boatraces-003.jpg  
Old 08-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Those are going to be standard 7.4's from the looks of them. The serial number plate is near the starter. Check ebay for some liivorsi takeout/overstock guages. Get rid of the radar arch.

Check out the Flame Arrestor covers ....should be a tag with motor specs ......m
Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4,272 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Nice looking boat ! I looked at an Envision with the arch, I kinda liked it.
Id love to redo the "Thunder boats" embroidery on my seats too, have no idea who would duplicate it thou. Keep us informed.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Made an appointment with Jason at signzoo today...Graphics are in the works.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Boat-! this is a great platform to start with.

Whats your budget-?

Just curious because that's the first thing Id start with then (because you asked)

First Id go put about 10-20 hours on it and see if it needs steering, it may not and seat time without engine mods is a better way to get acquainted with the boats handling.

Put a real exhaust system on the boat (this one modification is the foundation for anycfurther performance mods to come.)

Add an external steering system.

Either completely lose the arch or add a radar (from experience Id highly recommend the radar)

Add a radar plotter nav system combo if you really want to go anywhere on the ocean or the great lakes or you are a poser with an arch. I dont even see speakers mounted in it.

Loose the fully analog dash and go with a hybrid map gauge system.

Add a small screeen below that plays dvd's off the stereo head (bow chicka chicka bow wow)

Complete situational awareness in any condition on any water is not a luxury to me, its a necessity.

Whats a priority for you?

Uncle Dave

Oh and - loose the sheepskin in the head
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS-090318-023.jpg   Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS-dsc05773.jpg   Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS-img_0583.jpg  

Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS-arch-mount-closeup.jpg   Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS-nat-kellers-me.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.