Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS >

Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS

Notices

Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS

Old 08-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pictures of new boat...questions and ideas appreciated..31SS

Here's my new one I am ready to start modding this thing quickly. I plan on starting with the idea of incorporating some more colors. On the side there used to be a deca that said sonic in between the 2 stripes towards the rear. Thinking of having this decal redone in yellow and blue or blue and carbon fiber. Then I want to go to the interior ad have all my stitching redone with some blue involved in it. I then want to redo the dash panel with a carbon fiber back drop and blue and yellow trimmed gauges I beleive. Then pop-in carpet for the cockpit and cuddy. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I would lvoe any input on color ideas or schemes that would be nice. I plan on starting motor mods next winter. Havent done enough research to tell if I want to build these motors or buy new ones. I relly have no desire to hit the 100's but would love to hit 70's or 80's maybe even 90's haha. Right now she will do 65 with 5 people and turning 4800 rpm. I ahve been told this is a safe RPM to run on my motors. Anyone have any idea what generation and specs on my motors would be? Guy I bought it from said they were 330hp a peice.

Last edited by FuelinAround; 08-24-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice boat! How about a gauge upgrade. Those old Teleflex do not dress the dash up that well. How about just outlining the stripes that already there with some blue . Just some ideas. Very nice boat, always like the look of a Sonic..
Old 08-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

First off, LOOSE the sheepskin toilet carpet and seat cover. At least in the photo it appears very 1980's Nevada whore house, but maybe the photo does not do it justice. As for the interior, I would leave it alone, but if you want to change it start getting prices before you do anything. Upholstery work can be far more expensive than you might imagine. Normally the cabin stuff lasts longer than the cockpit. Whatever you do, I would recommend tastefull and somewhat mainstream, or it just makes the boat that much harder to sell when you upgrade.
As for carbon fiber dash, I am reading in many auto and boat mags that it is considered on its way out. You need to tell us exactly what motors / years are installed- the regular 7.4 L engine is only good for 4600 rpm. Also have the props inspected by a good prop shop (look for shops that have the Hale prop measuring instrument).
Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the boat...loose the colors....wrap that ***** !!!! Rob
Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Registered

Not sure where the serial numbers are on these motors so I can get some specs on them. ANy help there? Also am not planning on ding anything wild o the interior. All the embriodery where it says sonic has stitches popping out like crazy so I woul just like to have the embriodery redone and am going to have the logo updated and add some blue in it just to have some more colors. I got looking on livorsi and looks like a gauge upgrade is going to be about a $1500 project easy if not more but I think that alone would bring the years up onthis bot a ton. We are headed to Lake of the ozarks for the bud shoot out this weekend.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Somewhere there should be a black on aluminum plate with the Merc name / logo and a serial number, unless the engines have been pulled / replaced etc. nad the plates discarded. Sometimes they were on the valve covers IIRC.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
Not sure where the serial numbers are on these motors so I can get some specs on them. ANy help there? Also am not planning on ding anything wild o the interior. All the embriodery where it says sonic has stitches popping out like crazy so I woul just like to have the embriodery redone and am going to have the logo updated and add some blue in it just to have some more colors. I got looking on livorsi and looks like a gauge upgrade is going to be about a $1500 project easy if not more but I think that alone would bring the years up onthis bot a ton. We are headed to Lake of the ozarks for the bud shoot out this weekend.
Those are going to be standard 7.4's from the looks of them. The serial number plate is near the starter. Check ebay for some liivorsi takeout/overstock guages. Get rid of the radar arch.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

I like my radar arch Everyone has different style. I think what I like about it is wen I am tied up with 20 other boats its easy to distinguish even from far away and just something a little different than most bot on here. Spoke with Fred Ortega at Livorsi on a custom design gauge set. The pricing on the gauges wasn't horrible but I want the dash to be cut out of carbon fiber and one sheet was $450. I got online and found sheets large enough for $125 so I am trying to figure out why they are so much. Total cost they shot me for a custom design, all new gauges, all new switches, a eplacement carbon fiber dash bezel, and a bezel for the passenger side where the grab rail is was $3000. A little more than I wanted to spend but I knew gauges were going to be outrageous when I started this.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

Sorry about the typos. got a USB keyboard and its gone CRAZY!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Griff if they are standard 7.4's where can I get the full specs on them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.