holley strip dominator intake >

holley strip dominator intake

Notices

holley strip dominator intake

Old 09-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holley strip dominator intake

my 509 9.5-1 compression with rpm rect port heads & custom cam for 5800rpm peak has a holley strip dominator manifold with a 850 holley. would it be worth the money to change to a dart, brodix etc? which manifold would you suggest? looking for 15 or more hp to make it worthwhile. the boat is a 26 american offshore so top end hp is the goal.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running almost the same set up as you including the strip dominator intake.The reason I chose it was because I seen a test where it's power band starts at a lower RPM than the other single plane intakes. Personally I don't think it would be worth the money to change. Also I run a 1" spacer between the intake and carb.In my 850 holley I run #84 jets all the way around. Engine has been in the boat 8 years now and still runs very well.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try indexing the spark plugs.i ran a 2 inch spacer under my carb.also try taking some of the timing out thats good for some top end power.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was building my 540 engine for my eliminator, a 2" HVH super sucker was worth 16 hp on the dyno.

Chris
Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
When I was building my 540 engine for my eliminator, a 2" HVH super sucker was worth 16 hp on the dyno.

Chris
Did that spacer have the 4 holes in it or was it wide open? Do you remember where you got it from?