lazy trim cylinder-bravo 1-HELP >

lazy trim cylinder-bravo 1-HELP

Notices

lazy trim cylinder-bravo 1-HELP

Old 09-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lazy trim cylinder-bravo 1-HELP

Wondering if anyone has any advice on a problem I have. Today I had my boat out and noticed that the trim pump really seemed to have to work hard to lift the drive. I went about the day, and when I got home, I had my wife cycle the trim up and down while I watched the trim rams. Seems that when the rams were extending, that one of them was really lazy, and actually kind of bound up, or made other cylinder work a lot harder. I then proceded to pull the shaft out of the eye end of the cylinders to watch them operate without the drive having to move, and the starboard cylinder was definitely very slow to move in either direction. In fact, the pump would start wining, like it had reached full pressure and the cylinder still wouldn't move to the end of it's stroke.

So, I was wondering if there is any valving that could cause this, or if it is simply a cylinder that needs servicing. As far as I can see, all of the hoses under the drive look very good...no kinks of any kind. Any advice??

BTW, the boat is a 2004 Powerquest 260 with 496ho/bravo drive. I think that there is about 140 hours on the boat, and it is never kept in water, always on the trailer.
Thanks in advance.