Builder for a new set of spare engines >

Builder for a new set of spare engines

Notices

Builder for a new set of spare engines

Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I have used Olivers for as long as I can remember. In the bigger hp engines, I use the CARR bolts. The only failure I have ever had was a long time ago in a race boat with a blown alcohol engine making 2000+ hp and turning over 8000 rpm.
Eddie
Dayum Eddie i thought u were approved i read in a thread that he was giving you the engine job months ago

Eddie the Catman likes str@kin your C ckLOL
did i say that outload ?

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 10-13-2009 at 05:47 PM. Reason: pic download
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How about some grade 5 Titanium rods,pricey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CROWE...QQcmdZViewItem

Just think if we could have roller bearing crank and rods in a bbc.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't see why it can't be done. Outboards use roller bearings on the crank and rods. I just don't know if they could handle the loads of a BBC. I have to imagine that if it could be done then it would have been done by now. They have used roller bearings in the camshaft for years, so there must be a reason they don't use them for the crank and rods.
Eddie
Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
How about some grade 5 Titanium rods,pricey

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CROWE...QQcmdZViewItem

Just think if we could have roller bearing crank and rods in a bbc.

Pro Stockers in NHRA already had roller main bearings. That is why the rule states you must use a babbit bearing.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cstraub
Pro Stockers in NHRA already had roller main bearings. That is why the rule states you must use a babbit bearing.
I think F1 and Indy motors have them, I would think some import cars do.Chris we were at Daytona way back, they did a show like PRI days before the race,I don't remember the name,one booths had a Titanium crank shaft,it was pretty cool,they were something like 10k,they had already outlawed it in Nascar.I guess the piston weight would be a problem?zing zing

I remember when Crower came out with the inroad cam,we tried even selling them at WD just to try and get some out there,$$
Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think F1 and Indy motors have them, I would think some import cars do.Chris we were at Daytona way back, they did a show like PRI days before the race,I don't remember the name,one booths had a Titanium crank shaft,it was pretty cool,they were something like 10k,they had already outlawed it in Nascar.I guess the piston weight would be a problem?zing zing

I remember when Crower came out with the inroad cam,we tried even selling them at WD just to try and get some out there,$$
Strip, What is an in-road cam ?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by CcanDo
Strip, What is an in-road cam ?
sorry Mississippi, sp in rad

I got mixed up ,its a inverse radious cam,long time ago
Attached Thumbnails Builder for a new set of spare engines-crower-neddle-bearing-2.jpg   Builder for a new set of spare engines-crower-neddle-bearings.jpg  

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 10-15-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

sorry Mississippi, sp in rad
Are they worth doing, dry sump w/10" vacuum....55 or 60 mm, .903 + or .937 lifters ?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I have used Olivers for as long as I can remember. In the bigger hp engines, I use the CARR bolts. The only failure I have ever had was a long time ago in a race boat with a blown alcohol engine making 2000+ hp and turning over 8000 rpm.
Eddie
Do you prefer none, single or double lube tubes, DLC pins, coated pistons, non inner-cooled ?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Registered

Torrington bearings are never bad unless they come apart. You're wasting your time worrying about friction loss via the cam journal at this point in your endeavor.

If you really want to have an indestructible valve train, start looking at 82 C rockwell camshaft and 1" flat tappet with 2:1 rocker ratio. You can achieve better valve stability and longevity.

As fast or can be faster than most roller profiles and will live longer than the short block.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.