Builder for a new set of spare engines

Notices

Builder for a new set of spare engines

Old 09-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Builder for a new set of spare engines

We are shopping for a builder to build a new set of blower engines. The specs. will include 5 stage, dry sump 10.2 cast iron dart,(4.375 x 4.50 bore) champion ported 360 race heads, roller hydraulic cams, 1471 non-inter-cooled.

Paint, wiring and finish will be approaching perfection.

The builder will quote machining and completion as a line item. With the exception of sundry parts, parts will be customer furnished.

Payment will be made upon completion and gauranteed by a specific bank letter of credit.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CcanDo
We are shopping for a builder to build a new set of blower engines. The specs. will include 5 stage, dry sump 10.2 cast iron dart,(4.375 x 4.50 bore) champion ported 360 race heads, roller hydraulic cams, 1471 non-inter-cooled.

Paint, wiring and finish will be approaching perfection.

The builder will quote machining and completion as a line item. With the exception of sundry parts, parts will be customer furnished.

Payment will be made upon completion and gauranteed by a specific bank letter of credit.
Call Schumaker Performance. He is out of Indiana and did mine and does a lot of big power blower motors. 317-862-3919 Ask for Bill. You will not be disapointed.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting post.

Im highly surprised that owning the boat you do you dont already have a pet mechanic/shop in mind. Maybe your current guy failed you.

Sounds like you have a bunch of great parts lying around.

Is a builder supposed to give guarantees on parts they don't supply?

Respectfully curious, I know, can vouch for, and own product built from a few guys that can build stuff from what you throw at them, but arent sure how they would approach this kind of offer.

UD
Old 09-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I would be glad to quote the engine for you. I think you will find that my finish work, as well as the assembly itself, is up to your standards. Either give me a call or send me an email with an exact parts list that will need to be supplied, as well as the parts that you already have. I can be reached at 615-216-7449 or [email protected].
Thanks, Eddie.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There you go......

UD
Old 09-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

CcanDo, I have a set of 572, NO import cheap parts.
4.5 stroke, 4.5 bore
Just installed .903 lifter bushings.
New parts.
Looking to sell as short blocks or complete for someone.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cat,
PM me and I will tell you about my experience. You can manage the design and parts and still get his coaching based on his extensive marine experience. Throw in perfect machining, fit and finish....at a reasonable price. How about total dedication on your project until complete? You will can also have daily conversations with on-going e-mail photo updates on every step of the process. If Hendrick Motor Sports had marine experience, I wouldn't switch if they were half the price.
Ben
Old 09-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guys, your opinions and insight relative to the subject will make a major influence in who is considered for this job. Therefore, your comments are held in esteem and valued as coming from a fraternity member.

I've been lucky to have usually associated myself with people that sincerely make an effort to contribute to society. For example, I've seen Eddie and Mer offer their knowledge to people that will probably never be in position to return the favor. Those actions impress me....I'm one that believes the definition of business is communications, not talking or writing but DOING and how it's done.

Yes, Eddie is in the running, Mer seems to be a great guy that I would like to watch further.

Presently, we will be building two engines. Long term, we here, have an established reputation in a somewhat captive niche market that may require a greater quantity. Therefore, the mission is not only short term, but, long term as well.

Here's a news flash, Joey Impesscia called a few minutes ago, reporting a 32 SKATER ran 172.3 MPH, today.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Check into Joey Griffin in Washington, North Carolina. You won't find him online, but he's got a very well deserved reputation for building big power that holds together - at least a few in winning offshore boats. He and his crew do some of the best machine work I've ever seen. They also do top notch paint work and full restos, etc... Though i can't personally vouch for the guys above, I'm sure they do great work as well, but if you're looking for the best, Joey belongs on the list.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would not hesitate on having Young Performance build an engine for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.