496 air actuator question >

496 air actuator question

Notices

496 air actuator question

Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 air actuator question

I winterized my 496 yesterday with a electric pump into the seawater pump hose so i dont have to run the engine. I had antifreeze out of both exhaust tips. my question is when i attempted to pump the system up to drain some the green nipples would not come out. I hooked a small air compressor up aswell and nothing. so i pulled off one of the hoses from the heat exchanger and some antifreeze ran out but it wasnt full. My question is if there is not alot of water/antifreeze in the motor or heat exchanger will the system not pressurize? If not what could cause this???

Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrfixxall

anytime i winterize any boat i usually run it on the hose first..While its running i pull the plugs on the block,heat exchangers,exhaust manifolds or what ever sea water goes through to make sure theirs no sand,mud or any crud that could build up..this will cause a pocket of water mixed with mud or sand that could freeze..if nothing comes out when i remove the plug that means theirs some crud in their and i take a pick and punch through it until clean water comes out.