350 Mag's Pushing A Brick >

350 Mag's Pushing A Brick

Notices

350 Mag's Pushing A Brick

Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Mag's Pushing A Brick

I am looking to get a little more power out of my 1989 350 Mag's.
The boat is a 1989 Slickcraft 310sc with twin carb 350 Mag's and alpha drives.
I just bought the boat from the bank and it need new drives. At the time of purchase it had two right hand drives so when I bought new aftermarket Alpha drives I did 1 LH and 1 RH.
I had a set of old Mirage 15 1/4 x 19 props so that is what I have ran so far but the max RPM is only 4000 @ 40mph.
I want to order new props -- Thinking Enertia 14 1/2 x 17 .

My thought is if I can get 50-75 more HP and by droping down in pitch and going with the new Enertia props I might be in the ball park with wot rpm.
Here is a picture of the brick.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

I would just leave sleeping dogs be. That's a heavy boat for those Alphas to push. Sounds like the original owner blew the drives. Adding power is probably not a good idea to something that is allready stressed beyond what it was designed for.

As for power, there's really nothing to be had from simple bolt ons mods.. Intake, carb, etc... are worth 10-15hp max. You will have to change cam, heads etc.... to gain noticeable power gains..... Give Bob Mardera @ Marine Kinetics a call. He's the man with the plan for engine mods....