Does the 502 415hp have Cast Internals? >

Does the 502 415hp have Cast Internals?

Notices

Does the 502 415hp have Cast Internals?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rlong
My 502,415 HORSE block was junk i am going with a dart 540 and header and new cam shaft but i am told i am limited on horse power because of 502 MPI.
That is true about the intake. It is a limiting factor in making hp. What is wrong with the block that is junk? I have seen some really bad blocks that could be saved. About the only thing that is usually non-repairable is a freeze crack.
Even though the intake is a hp killer, it will still make 550+ hp NA with a little work. It all depends on how much hp you want to make as to if the intake will work for you.
Eddie
Old 10-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

502MPI/EFI are good candidates for prochargers. I had a Baja 272 502 EFI with procharger ran 78 best speed, 76 with a load.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Im going to do a 502 crate engine this winter 415hp and was wondering what the best intake, carb set up would be. I already have brandnew eddie marine headers and long risers. looking for 450-475. Anyway to do this without touching heads, dont want to pull heads off a brand new motor.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ballon78
Im going to do a 502 crate engine this winter 415hp and was wondering what the best intake, carb set up would be. I already have brandnew eddie marine headers and long risers. looking for 450-475. Anyway to do this without touching heads, dont want to pull heads off a brand new motor.
Call Bob Madero. his handle i rmbuilder here n OSO.

Tell him what yuo are doing and he will send you cam to install. No reason you can't get 550 out of that engine and those heads. regular 800 carb and a single plane intake of some sort. you will need to change the rocker studs and add roller rockers. Other than that, it is pretty simple. I am finishing that exact thing right now for a customer.

Good luck