Merc Intake to Dart Head help

Notices

Merc Intake to Dart Head help

Old 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Merc Intake to Dart Head help

Hi,

I have a 525 EFI intake with 8 bolts that needs to mate to a Dart Iron Eagle head that has only 6 bolts. Do I need to have additional holes drilled and tapped in the Dart head? Or can I just ignore the 2 upper bolts?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 07:25 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Should be able to leave them out unless they leave an opening into the intake runner.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I always epoxy up the extra holes in the intake because they are usually very close to the intake runner. I never want to take a chance that they will have a vacuum leak. I use a 5 minute two part epoxy that is very thick. It is almost like play-doh. I don't know the name of it, but you should be able to find something similar at the auto parts store. You need something thick like that so it doesn't run out before it sets up. Put some tape on the bottom of the hole in the intake and fill it from the top so you will end up with a smooth flat surface against the head. Hope this helps.
Eddie