problems flushing a bravo 3 >

problems flushing a bravo 3

Notices

problems flushing a bravo 3

Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts
Default problems flushing a bravo 3

i have a 2000 stingray 230 sx with a bravo 3 / 7.4 mag.
when i started it the other day with the ear muffs on it to warm it up before winterizing i noticed no water coming out the exhaust. i shut it off and removed the hose to the raw water pump and found no water flowing up from the leg.
i reverse flushed the hose with no problem and checked for leaks all was ok. now the impeller is wiped. this is the second time this happened this season. anyone know why this is happening ? anyone know where i can get a hose adapter so i can just shut off the raw water pickup and attach a hose to flush it ? most of the time i just stopped by a fresh water ramp on the way home and backed it in and let it run for 5 or ten minutes but would rather let it run at home for 20.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they do make a flush hit to a hose but it will still go through the impeller. Is you impeller housing good?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

yeah it was new at the beginning of this season. i want the flush kit to go through the impeller. i'll put a shut off before the hose and open it to back flush the drive once the engine is done