JL Audio Amp recomendations? >

JL Audio Amp recomendations?

Notices

JL Audio Amp recomendations?

Old 11-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks "Boost"!

I have been told the same thing by a few other people, sounds like the enclosed box is the way to go, so, I will do that, the subs in the back will be pretty easy to enclose.

Here is another set up that I am SERIOUSLY considering, tell me what you think:

I will list some part numbers and what I am thinking of driving them with, I have measured several times and there is just NOT enough room for 10" subs, was hoping to go for 10" but, 8" is about as big as I can go. I too like "tight" bass, as opposed to the "booming" bass that some prefer.

I am gonna run 4 sets of Polk Audio 6.5 Components, 1 set in the cabin, and 3 sets in the cockpit part number
MM6501UM they are rated at 125W RMS and 250 Peak

I am gonna run one 10" sub in the cabin, the part number is MM1040DVC its a dual voice coil sub, its rated at 350W RMS and I think the peak is 700

I am gonna run four 8" subs under the back seat, the part number is MM840DVC, its a dual voice coil sub, thats rated at 180W Rms and 360W Peak.

I had planned on driving the sub in the cabin [10"] and 2 sets of components with a single five channel Polk amp part number PAA 11000.5 I had planned on using 4 channels at 2 ohms [125W X 4] to drive the 4 Component speakers and the single subwoofer channel [which is stable to 1 ohm] which would be 600W [or 300W at 2 ohms]

I was planning on driving the other 2 sets of component speakers with a single Polk Audio PA500.4 which is 125RMS X 4.

I had planned on driving the four 8" subs with a single PA1200.1 which is a mono channel amp that is rated at 1200W at 1 Ohm, or 800W at 2 ohm [continous power]

I have a 250AMP circuit breaker and 1/0 gauge wire for the power and ground wires, I have a seperate start battery, and 2 deep cycle Optima batteries for the stereo, I have also stepped up to a 140 amp alternator. The boat has a 12AMP [2 stage] battery charger that I leave plugged in when the boat is on the trailer, and when its in the water at my dock.

THANKS AGAIN!
Michael