adjusting idle out of water? >

adjusting idle out of water?

Notices

adjusting idle out of water?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 4,303 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Default adjusting idle out of water?

(new boat for me) My 600sc runs about 1000rpms in neutral and 800 under load. that`s a bit more than I`d like.
Ive made adjustments out of water to run lower but then it won`t stay running under load. There are 2 adjustment crews on either carb and then the idle screws.. honestly I`ve read all I can on adjusting but not really sure I`m doing it the right way.
So if I take it to a shop would they be able to get it right out of the water? Or would I be in the same boat (lol) after putting it in the water ?

thanx
Old 11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

It really needs to be done in the water if you are having problems going in and out of gear. You can't put a load on the engine on the trailer. If it is falling on it's face when you go into gear, then it is probably to lean. Open up the idle mixture screws on the four corners of the carb. Make very small adjustments at a time. Only move the screws out or in about 1/8 of a turn at a time. Screw them in and back them off 1 1/2 turns to start. If it goes into gear without stalling, then start to bring them in. Screw them in until it starts to stall when going in gear, then back off an 1/8 turn. Good luck.
Eddie
Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mrfixxall

What eddie said..

heres the proper way in black and white

http://www.candsspecialties.com/tuning1.html