Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
496 antifrezze gone >

496 antifrezze gone

Notices

496 antifrezze gone

Old 11-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

you should start by pressure checking the cooling system with the end caps of the heat changer off. The end caps are there to inspect and clean the raw water side of the cooling system. There should be no anti-freeze behind theses caps. Most likely you will see the anti freeze leaking in to the raw water side at this location. This is the most common place they leak. also nothing else has to be remove from the motor to do this test.

If the anti-freeze was going into the oil pan. the oil would be risings on the dip stick each time you filled the reservoir.

Last edited by oceanoutlaw; 11-22-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problen solved thank you people.After all the tests and trouble shooting I took off the heat exchanger opened both ends it looked like brand new except there were traces of anti freeze first did a smoke test it was negative then applied 20#s of preasure then after a couple minutes you could hear air but couldn't see anything then we used soap and water mix a couple of little bubbles on the copper tubes.I will order a new one do I got so excited it slid off the bench and I cracked the neck.What the hell at least is wasn't worse and can laugh at my self.Again thanks to all my oso friends.
Paul
Old 11-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

for sale used heatexchanger hahahaha
Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic28
for sale used heatexchanger hahahaha
I have a few forsale 300 00 plus freight ROBERT 4127810881
Old 11-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

problen solved thank you people.After all the tests and trouble shooting I took off the heat exchanger opened both ends it looked like brand new except there were traces of anti freeze first did a smoke test it was negative then applied 20#s of preasure then after a couple minutes you could hear air but couldn't see anything then we used soap and water mix a couple of little bubbles on the copper tubes.I will order a new one do I got so excited it slid off the bench and I cracked the neck.What the hell at least is wasn't worse and can laugh at my self.Again thanks to all my oso friends.
Paul
Cool glad you found it. That's a first for me.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ok couldn't wait I took my little blue pump and purged the heat exchanger Yup you guys where correct antifreeze poured out thru the little evacuation balls nice orange antifrezze.Do i assume its the heat exchanger there is only 140 hours on the boat. If thats the case I don't have to take a valium thank G-d
I just checked this thread. If it is the HE (and everything you're talking about points to it), we're offering a coupon for OSO users. Call Jim or myself at 866-726-COOL. We'd be happy to help. We're trying to make friends here as new advertisers so we'll treat you right.

Russ

Last edited by Mr. Cool; 12-01-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: added information