Notices

merc 1000sc

Old 11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would probably be better off parting them out. All the money is in the long block. The heads are hand ported and very nicely finished IF they are REAL 1000sc heads. It would be easy to throw a 8L Whipple on top and make monster power with that platform. Likewise, I am sure there are a bunch of gear heads who don't mind running a carb blower setup. I would question the validity of them being real 1000sc's because they should have come with CMI big tubes. No one in their right mind would have downgraded a set of $10K headers to those crappy cast manifolds.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Registered

Default 1000sc

ive known the engines since they were shipped in to the uk from the us ,they were new in the boxes but old stock and the invoice is with the boat,once ive paid for it ile tell all,it really is ann interesting boat
Old 11-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

I also question the validity of these engines as stated by aTX427and GRIFF about the headers and the pulley swap it all doesn't add up. Presonally I think someone has taken the good stuff off and out of the engine and filled it up tijuana trash. I've lived it, and there are people out there that make a living preying on the lack of knowledge of others.

The only way to be shure is break the engine down, good luck..

Chris
Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They must be real old . look to be wet sump motors.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

Default 1000sc

the engines where fitted by cougars in the uk in 03/04 they were n6ew in the box but had been sat around for years so had a top end overhaul something todo with springs (im not machanical).the boat then did the harmsworth trophy and was then sold .its new owner took it to spain and used it twice.my original plan was if i didnt sell the engines to run them in the top class here but i now realise theres a 1.6 penaulty for superchargers which means no choice but to repower ,my worry is if it will be fast enough with less power in a cougar 38 us1