Twin INBOARD Sport/Cuddy >

Twin INBOARD Sport/Cuddy

Notices

Twin INBOARD Sport/Cuddy

Old 12-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin INBOARD Sport/Cuddy

I was driving South on I-69 just north of Fort Wayne, and saw what looked like an offshore (similar to Formula), but it had twin inboards. The cockpit looked more like a cuddy cabin, but had a windscreen instead of a windshield. I would guess that it was 27'-30' in length, and beam between 8' and 8.5'.

It had either a roadrunner or woodpecker on the aft of the port side. Who makes this boat? It looked like a pretty interesting boat. From the rear, my son said it looks like a ski boat, but from the side he thought it looked like a Baja.

Was someone out there towing that boat today (around 2:30-3:00)?

Any help is appreciated.
Bill
Old 01-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Donzi made a 28' twin inboard in the 70's. Also a company by the name of Performa who bought the molds.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Registered

The boat looked newer than a 70's boat. I would say it was a 90's model, but if someone totally refurbished this boat, it could be older with updated rigging (seats, gauges, wind screen, etc...). Do you have any pictures of the Donzi or Performa boats with inboards?

Thanks,
Bill