Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Electric Engine Hatch Lift/Motor >

Electric Engine Hatch Lift/Motor

Notices

Electric Engine Hatch Lift/Motor

Old 04-16-2002, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had the same problem. motor working slow and struggling until i recharged the batteries. did you check them?
Old 04-16-2002, 10:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First you need to connect direct to a battery(well charged) and see if it moves properly. If it does and is still slow when connected to the boat wiring then it is the switch or the connections(or wiring size). If you want, we can hook up a relay near the lift to up the current to the motor-this will alleviate any switch or wiring problems.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don,t know where the wagner came from but it is Warner Electric, which is part of Dana. They are in South Beloit Il. I've dealt with them but they won't sell anything except to distributors. The bigest problem I've found is on Baja's they ground the motor to the guages on the dash. I just run a 10 or 12 ga ground to the battery or engine harness and the motor runs much faster. Cord I thought I had one but it is too long for what you have. Eddie and Rex both sell them but they aren't cheap.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:44 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I have new ones!!

I have a couple of new ones on hand. Made by Warner.I have sold many of these to people for different industrial applications. I only have these on hand because they were ordered by mistake. I would love to get rid of them, will sell at cost plus ship. Let me know closed and extended length that you need and I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Steve Hixson

Arts Auto Electric & Marine
Old 05-13-2002, 01:58 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

hahaha, now you tell me!??!?!?!

How much for the 24" model? I've already had mine fixed for $80, but I might consider adding a second if the price is right.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 05-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Registered

Default fixed?

Where did you get it fixed? I might need that info in the future.
Tahnks
Old 05-13-2002, 09:29 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

As it turned out, after searching the world for some info, the the service guys in my marina laughed and said leave it here, and we'll have someone come pick it up, and deliver it back tomorrow. HA!! New motor and presto!!

There are 2 places around Baltimore that pick up those motors from local marina's and deliver. They charge $80. The service guys might mark it up on you to $100. In any case, it's a lot less expensive than buying a new one. Ask your marina who "Best" is, then there's another who's name escapes me. The other is up by you somewhere, south of Havre De Grace. I think it's Joppatown or close to there. They're the guys who put the new motor on mine.

Send me an email to remind me to check for you and I'll call the guys to find the name tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 09-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

Keith, I have a 90 Baja 250. I am having trouble with my hatch lift as well. Mine goes up slow and really slows down at half way point. I saw your pic you have posted. Mine looks just like yours. Was this difficult to take apart? I noticed two nuts on top. I tried to loosen those and it felt like I was going to twist them off. Any advise would be appreciated. I have some pics of this motor. I need to locate them and then I will post them.
thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

That last post is over 12 years old, but good luck!

I think a lot of people are having good luck sending their ram to acculift to have it rebuilt.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Registered

Default hatch lift

Originally Posted by Pbt109
Keith, I have a 90 Baja 250. I am having trouble with my hatch lift as well. Mine goes up slow and really slows down at half way point. I saw your pic you have posted. Mine looks just like yours. Was this difficult to take apart? I noticed two nuts on top. I tried to loosen those and it felt like I was going to twist them off. Any advise would be appreciated. I have some pics of this motor. I need to locate them and then I will post them.
thanks in advance for any help!
lift on
i had my motor checked out last year, 2017. Motor was ok but needed to be greased. Works better now, however, had to replace my battery this year. My boat sat for a month. The lift would not go up. At this point I think battery in not fully charged. I ran the boat and later and lift worked good. I think I need a better battery charger.