Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Best Intake BBC gaskets with Merlin Intake? >

Best Intake BBC gaskets with Merlin Intake?

Notices

Best Intake BBC gaskets with Merlin Intake?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
I found one in the garage- Mr Gasket Ultraseal #5828, like the others mentioned it is an automotive part and has the most material around the water port.

Rick
You must have a gen 4......All they list for gen 5, 6 is the ultra III gakets number 4672G I wonder if its just as good... So befor they just came out with the ultra III what gasket number were the gen 5, 6 502 people using???
Old 01-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a Gen V 502 and used the Ultra 5828, number is for a Mark IV but it fits. Your local speedshop should have a couple to compare.. maybe Mr Gasket has a customer service number that could help. If not might have to buy one ultra and ultra III and see which fits best on the intake side, might not be able to use one of the $25 gaskets but that is cheaper than having it leak.

Rick
Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

cylinder heads and lifter valley are the same on all these blocks whether they are IV, V or VI... The thing you need to pay attention to is the port size and thickness... NOt sure why they list that for a 2000 only unless there was a funky intake during that period...
Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We use the the Merlin intake but with re-worked ports. This cut to fit gasket is a good solution.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FPP-1251/
Old 01-27-2010, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
We use the the Merlin intake but with re-worked ports. This cut to fit gasket is a good solution.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FPP-1251/

My Mr.gasket ultras came today, the rubber rings dont fully seat on the brass, it touches the aluminum in a few places......i think the felpro ones may be worse from what people are saying so, what to do.......engine builders must run into this all the time...or do u think they just toss a gasket on and dont worry. if i rtv the **** out of the ports you think i will be ok?? Makes me nervous as its a brand new crate motor.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mr gasket ultra III got them today real nice gasket small water ports
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

joepequa can u do me a big favor....can u measure the excact size of the rubber oring that go around the coolant ports. the ultra 1 gaskets almost make it, but cover some of the aluminum, i want the rubber orings to only touch the brass.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check tomorrow , I had the same problem had the felpro 1275 , the ultra III real nice not the ultra I or II .
Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by joepequa
I will check tomorrow , I had the same problem had the felpro 1275 , the ultra III real nice not the ultra I or II .
have you installed the merlin intake before....and it leaked?? Or are you tring to finf the right ones before the install? The way that merlin cast the intake they didnt do a good job lineing up the brass ports in the middle of the bolts so it off set a bit and not tall enough......real small ports gaskets would be great... thanks
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ballon78
have you installed the merlin intake before....and it leaked?? Or are you tring to finf the right ones before the install? The way that merlin cast the intake they didnt do a good job lineing up the brass ports in the middle of the bolts so it off set a bit and not tall enough......real small ports gaskets would be great... thanks
whats the part number you are using for the ultra 3's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.