You must have similar buddies to me....
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
You must have similar buddies to me....
yea ,mine would leave finger prints and give it away

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Raylar
In my opinion adding wide band 02 sensors would be a better and more important addtion. If you don't get the air fuel ratios right on a supercharged marine engine under boost, that engine is on a quck trip to the parts basket, the broken parts basket! Some guys think their going to make a WAGMAR (wildass guess made at random)on jetting or fuel delivery rates, go out make a few runs and come back and read plugs! GOOD LUCK with that plan!
Irrespective of boost, if you don't get those air/fuels right from the outset on you're gonna be hating life!! Only takes about 30 seconds or so under boost at Wide open throttle to smoke a forged piston and possibly grenade the entire engine!
Just food for thought.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Could not have said it better,my builder finally said that my next expense would be air fuel ratio gauges, and that was the end of my trips to the parts basket bin. Amazing we can tune over the phone now. Bruce
Old 01-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a recommended O2 setup? Where to drill for the bung on stock merc exhaust? Whats the diff between wide band and narrow band?

If I'm gonna run new gauges I might as well run all of them I need.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Innovate Motorsports Is What I Used,wideband, Not Sure The Difference. Welded The Bungin The Pipe Just Past The Manifold. The O2 Sensors Dont Like Any Moisture At All.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Wink

Little tips on getting 02 sensors to live on a boat:
1: Never leave them in over long periods of time when they are not being actually used for tuning or monitoring under high load condtions. Have plugs avialable for easy removel and re-install.
2: We use a little trick we came up with to make them last longer in any event, especially in saltwater. Remember the old spark plug threaded extenders to get plugs backed out of a badly oiling cylinder? Those cheap puppies can be threaded into the bungs on your headers or exhaust risers and they will keep the tip of the 02 sensor farthur away from exhaust water vapor whcih is what destroys 02 sensors.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Narrow band O2 will give you .5v when at 14.7 AFR. No good for a blower motor.
Wide Band O2 will give 0-5v range for a wide range of AFR. A must have in a pressurized motor.
The Innovate has two outputs, one for the computer, if needed and one to a guage. The output can be set to give 0-1v or 0-5v for use with a analog NB or WB gauge.
I ran mine in my boat for a couple of years before I made a pass without my mufflers and had to idle back to the launch to reinstall the muffs. Fired it back up and it was dead.. I blame it on moisture sneaking in while running without the mufflers. Installed a new one and kept the muffs on.. no problems.
Ray, that is a good idea, where do find those fouled plug adapters?? JC Whitney?
Oh another thing, CMI mounted my bungs at 6 oclock on the collectors, worst place to put them..

Dick
Old 01-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Raylar
Little tips on getting 02 sensors to live on a boat:
1: Never leave them in over long periods of time when they are not being actually used for tuning or monitoring under high load condtions. Have plugs avialable for easy removel and re-install.
2: We use a little trick we came up with to make them last longer in any event, especially in saltwater. Remember the old spark plug threaded extenders to get plugs backed out of a badly oiling cylinder? Those cheap puppies can be threaded into the bungs on your headers or exhaust risers and they will keep the tip of the 02 sensor farthur away from exhaust water vapor whcih is what destroys 02 sensors.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Ray isnt the bung thread 15mm?

Old 01-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18mm thread is on the bosch O2 sensor if memory serves me correctly.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by blue thunder
18mm thread is on the bosch O2 sensor if memory serves me correctly.
I cant remember ,I know I could not find a bung anywhere.I just sent the tail pipes to CMI marked were I wanted them, I figured they would know how close to the flange to get,excellent service!! red label 3 days total.If Whipple didn't forget to ship out pulleys 2 times, I wouldn't of wasted 2 days out of town dynoing.and where's my stickers

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.