Drive shower hose for Latham steering >

Drive shower hose for Latham steering

Notices

Drive shower hose for Latham steering

Old 02-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drive shower hose for Latham steering

I bought the Livorsi hose pictured below, but either I threw away the instructions/template together with the box or they were missing.
Both ways, any suggestion/recommendation/copy of the template which you might have is very welcome!
The drive is a latest style Bravo XR.

I also found this old thread, according to which if I have a L/H prop I should fit the pickup on stbd side, is that correct?
But of course I'd like to be sure also about the exact position, before drilling holes...

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the same shower kit but from Latham. I don't have the template anymore, but do know that you are correct. Install it on the starboard side of the cavitation plate for L/H drive and on the port side for R/H drive. The prop helps push the water up the pick-up.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The outside of my pickup flange (top of cav plate) is about 1/4" from the edge of the plate on the rear and side. I have a R/H prop so mine is on the Left of the cav plate
Attached Thumbnails Drive shower hose for Latham steering-shower-pick-up.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 AM
Registered

Thanks for your pic.
Judging by that, the pickup is placed as externally (1) and as far astern (2) as possible.
But I suspect that (at least for 2) the position is actually constrained by the piston, in older Bravo style.
In the latest Bravos, there is more space to play with (see below).
The point is, is the position on older Bravos the optimal one regardless of any constraint, or could a different placement work better in newer Bravos?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Registered

Exclamation Help!

Really there isn't anyone who fitted that hose on a new Bravo?....
Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mapism
Really there isn't anyone who fitted that hose on a new Bravo?....
I installed my Latham shower kit on a 2006 Bravo 1 unit, but it is different than your Livorsi kit. The bracket on the Latham kit is in front of the pick-up, allowing the pick-up tube to be mounted further aft on the cavitation plate. The mounting screw is a tapered head and you counter sink the hole so it is flush with the bottom of the cavitation plate.

So in my case the back of the pick-up tube hole is about .25" from the back of the cavitation plate, or about as far back as you can go. Latham provided a paper template. Measured twice (or ten times) and drilled once!

I have heard that sometimes drive showers can cause cavitation problems. Seems the further behind the prop you can mount the pick-up, the better. Maybe this is why the Latham kit is designed this way(?). I do know with my 292 I don't have any problems at all with cavitation after installing the kits.

I recommend calling Livorsi if you have any specific questions regarding mounting.
Attached Thumbnails Drive shower hose for Latham steering-latham-shower.jpg  

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 02-06-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
So in my case the back of the pick-up tube hole is about .25" from the back of the cavitation plate, or about as far back as you can go. Latham provided a paper template
Interesting, thank you.
Did the Latham template place it also as "external" on the anticavitation plate as you can go?
That's what Ghostrider pic seems to suggest...
Old 02-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mapism
Interesting, thank you.
Did the Latham template place it also as "external" on the anticavitation plate as you can go?
That's what Ghostrider pic seems to suggest...
mapism, I just went out and measured the location of the pick-up. The exact center of the .50"(12.7mm) hole in the cavitation plate is .55"(14mm) from the back edge and .75"(19mm) from the side edge. Hope this helps!

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 02-06-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Registered

'Course it does, thank you for taking the time to check!
I guess I'll have to fit mine just a little bit more forward, due to the bracket shape, as you mentioned. Unless it can be easily detached and soldered on the opposite side, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.
Anyway, other than that, I don't see why there should be any difference in the optimal placement, between the Latham and Livorsi hoses.
Many thanks again!
Old 02-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

You're welcome! Now drill carefully. As I remember it was a bit nerve racking for me drilling on that thing! lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.