Hatch Actuator >

Hatch Actuator

Notices

Hatch Actuator

Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavour32
Thanks for all the info guys.... I'm going to look into the ground first, if I'm lucky that might be it. If not then I'll look into the other option posted.
you can jump straight from a battery to the 2 wires on the lift ...that will tell you if its wiring or the lift ...m
Old 02-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The electric one that came in my Cigarette was completely frozen up. I tore it down, cleaned it up and repacked the guts with fresh grease, and it now runs like a champ. Check your wiring, both in the boat, and anything inside the motor housing going to the brushes. I also saved a trim pump that had the lead to the brush housing gone about 75%, and soldered in new brushes sourced from McMaster for cheap. That runs perfect Now, too. Don't be afraid to tear into these things; the really are bone-simple inside. We've gotten too used to dealing with modern high-tech crap that can't be fixed.