blue printing a hull >

blue printing a hull

Notices

blue printing a hull

Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue printing a hull

How much of a difference do you think blue printing the hole makes. I have a velocity that has a pretty straight bottom on it. I still was thinking to spend the money and make it perfect. Do you think this will and any speed or change how the boat acts. And what about sharping the edges?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stoltz
How much of a difference do you think blue printing the hole makes. I have a velocity that has a pretty straight bottom on it. I still was thinking to spend the money and make it perfect. Do you think this will and any speed or change how the boat acts. And what about sharping the edges?
I've never been in a blue printed hole before.....I bet it feels good though

Seriously though I think unless your trying to get every last drop of speed out of it it's fine how it is. Unless you have a handling problem that's caused by the condition of the bottom. But you said it's pretty straight.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by jdub
I've never been in a blue printed hole before.....I bet it feels good though

Seriously though I think unless your trying to get every last drop of speed out of it it's fine how it is. Unless you have a handling problem that's caused by the condition of the bottom. But you said it's pretty straight.
Dude you crack me up.... Ya let me know if you find one of those also. LOL...

If you do a search I think you'll pull up some good info. I was reading one that was started a couple of months ago. Actually some pretty good info also. I think a lot of it will have to do with how far off yours is, Length of boat, power, x-dim, etc. I have read 0 gains up to 3 mph. You can easily check it yourself as far as the hook goes. Just use a straight edge and use it in a sweeping motion from a pivot point in a few different areas. Have a set of feeler gauges with you also. I wouldn't think there would be any need to check more than the last 4 to 5 ft. depending on where your boat rides fully trimmed at WOT.

Good luck,
John
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Your right if feels great. My bad I guess that's what happens when your in a hurry and your blue printed hole is yelling at you to get off the computer. Lol thanks for the info
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered

I thought there was surely something that could be done on a production boat, but aftering dragging my Fountain several hundred miles I discovered that it wasn't off enough to change. At least the guy was honest.