Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fusion Marine Audio Products???? >

Fusion Marine Audio Products????

Notices

Fusion Marine Audio Products????

Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

guys take a look at the kenwood kmr-700u on ebay it sounds like what your talking about ive had these in my last 2 boats and just bought another should arrive today $214.00 free shipping excellent quality and they also have the remotes
Old 03-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastek
guys take a look at the kenwood kmr-700u on ebay it sounds like what your talking about ive had these in my last 2 boats and just bought another should arrive today $214.00 free shipping excellent quality and they also have the remotes
Yeah, but the Fusion is the only one that has the internal waterproof iPod dock. That combined with the remote is why I bought it. I have a killer Alpine Unit that I have used for years that sounds awesome. It runs my iPod and Sirrius, just no wired remote and internal iPod dock.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Yeah, but the Fusion is the only one that has the internal waterproof iPod dock. That combined with the remote is why I bought it. I have a killer Alpine Unit that I have used for years that sounds awesome. It runs my iPod and Sirrius, just no wired remote and internal iPod dock.
A riend of Mine bought the Fusion Head unit last year with the Ipod dock. There are plenty of good head units out there. Ok we agree. Put your xtra Money into speakers with power. JL Audio you can't beat. The Fusion Ipod setup worked good except the wired remote was a little confusing to scroll through and duplicate the Ipod wheel. After a few cocktails that remote was a pain in the *ss.
Great concept, even better when someone can duplicate the Ipod wheel.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put one in my center console last year with 4 6" Sony speakers and it souds great! I know its gotten wet on occasions but never missed a beat!!! I install them in customers boats all the time. Im probably going to install another one in my Fountain this summer!
Attached Thumbnails Fusion Marine Audio Products????-fusion-radio-005.jpg   Fusion Marine Audio Products????-fusion-radio-004.jpg  
Old 12-10-2013, 09:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Three years later... Anyone have an opinion on the Fusion MS-IP700i? My stereo guy is recommending this for my stereo upgrade in my CC. Just wondering if any boaters that have the unit like it.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very good system. I have one in my CC too. Highly recommended. I can get them for cost if you want one. The profit margin is low, but still beats retail. You"ll love it.
I added Bluetooth - streams from iPhone from 100 - 150' away. Also added a wifi router so I can control system with my iphone. VERY cool system. The remote is nice too. Most "apple like" easy to use interface I've seen.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks Bill. I ordered the unit today from the gps store. It was 399.95
Old 12-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We have the "upgraded" Fusion stereo on the Regal. 6 cockpit speakers, 2 arch speakers, a sub, and the fusion waterproof iPod Dock. It sounds pretty decent for a stock system. I've put JL Audio in the Donzi and Sea Ray and the fusion doesn't come close but that's to be expected. The drawback I noticed about the iPhone Dock is first off its a 30 pin and not a lighting so it won't work on new iPhone/ iPods. Second, the iPhone overheated when playing music on a 75 degree day a few weeks ago with the unit closed. Now it's possible that it was due to being a cell phone and streaming data (Pandora) but it stil put the phone into overheat. Other than that it's decent.