Bad Hyd Roller Lifters??? >

Bad Hyd Roller Lifters???

Notices

Bad Hyd Roller Lifters???

Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts
Default Bad Hyd Roller Lifters???

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with new lifters collapsing? Turns out I have many that are collapsing and feel extremely spungy after running several dyno pulls.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with new lifters collapsing? Turns out I have many that are collapsing and feel extremely spungy after running several dyno pulls.
tiebar style or the dogbone style? if their at zero lash you can compress them a bit then they shouls be hard..
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

how much spring pressure on the seat,how much cam lift,what brand lifter,what style tie bar.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

Are you running the comp 929 springs?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they pump up when the engine is running, or still rattle a lot? I had a brand new Morel lifter that wouldn't pump up. Sent it back to them and they discovered it was machined incorrectly. So, it can happen.

Bob

Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bobl
Do they pump up when the engine is running, or still rattle a lot? I had a brand new Morel lifter that wouldn't pump up. Sent it back to them and they discovered it was machined incorrectly. So, it can happen.

Bob
Interesting, I've been running Morel hyd rollers for the last three seasons. No issues but they do clack a bit on fire-up. Goes away after a minute or so. Is this a characteristic of the design?

Kurt
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Morels are quiet. I just had one defective. He mentioned that his were collapsed, so I was wondering if they were clattering while running which might indicate an oiling problem if they all did it. Just one could be defective but not likely a whole set.

Bob

Originally Posted by Biggus
Interesting, I've been running Morel hyd rollers for the last three seasons. No issues but they do clack a bit on fire-up. Goes away after a minute or so. Is this a characteristic of the design?

Kurt
Old 03-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My Morels lasted two dyno pulls before one collapsed. Ended up going with Crower severe duty. One season on them with no problems yet.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

There are different grades of Moral lifters. I will shoot RMbuilder a email, I am sure he will want to see this thread.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,476 Likes on 801 Posts

I have read several articles on the morals being a little noisy at start up yet I also understand they are an excellent lifter. I often wonder how many company's actually even make them? Mine might not be collapsing, I will find out tomorrow. They certainly don't sound like it however Valako was saying to hold the engine under a load at 5500 on the dyno for about 15 seconds. You'd be sure to know if they are or not as the engine would act like it was bouncing off the rev limiter. Worth a try any way. At an idle they seem to sound fine though. However the rocking motion of the rocker arm is what caught my attention after the engine ran and sat for less than an hour. Also want to make sure the oil isn't foaming up possibly causing some issues. We'll see.

Thanks,
John