Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Similarities/differences between 525EFI and 700SCi? >

Similarities/differences between 525EFI and 700SCi?

Notices

Similarities/differences between 525EFI and 700SCi?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stilldouble
After the whipple update, is there a need for running the engine on the dyno? ...just to make sure it is not running lean, or otherwise missbehaves? ...on the other hand, can the injection (and other related parameters) be fine-tuned under any circumstances, or is it "factory presets" from Whipple only, with no possibility for fine tuning?
The whipple kit is bolt on with a initial flash set-up from whipple, you can fine tune it on a PC in the boat with the appropriate software, we are doing a dyno tune since we are doing more of a Kustom application. Talk to Dustin at whipple for the proper application and set-up information, very easy to deal with.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
In my opinion.. being that I have a 600sci.. I think that the 525 with a whipple is a better package than the 700sci. The low 7.5 compression (on the 700sci) makes it more difficult to make power. 8.75 compression is just about perfect for a supercharged motor.

Chris
the compression on my new is 8.4 to 1 it will be a 572 making about 1050 to 1100hp run 93 pump gas is what Dean said. so over sea's with the higher gas you should be fine.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Cheaper to whipple the 525 EFI and lots more HP in the end.
I would have to guess lots of the $$$ difference in the 700 package is in the drives. If you whipple charge the 525s you still have bravos vs. NXTs with the 700s.

Guess it depends how much money you can save going the 535 route.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by richanton
I would have to guess lots of the $$$ difference in the 700 package is in the drives. If you whipple charge the 525s you still have bravos vs. NXTs with the 700s.

Guess it depends how much money you can save going the 535 route.
In this case I am consideringen importing a boat with 525EFI:s and XR drives.

This particular boat responds very well to added power, and the plan was anyway to sell the XR:s and the uppgrade to used SSM #6. The condition on the XRīs is very good, so I will recover some money there.

What I have also heard, and I cannot really verify that this is true (?) The 525EFI is originally using the PCM555 fuel injection, just as the 700 SCi, but with the bolt-on kit from Whipple they are instead using the older MEFI4A injection system (which is a non-sequential system). Some guys sees this as a relatively large disadvantage.

Any comments on this?