Starter solenoid trouble >

Starter solenoid trouble

Notices

Starter solenoid trouble

Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter solenoid trouble

I started to wire my engine up today.I'm having problems with the wire that runs the starter solenoid. It seems to have low voltage and will not work the solenoid. When I turn the key.It will click like a dead battery. I ran a jumper wire from battery to solenoid and it starts right up. Not a dead battery. This one has got me stumped.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Default something to look at

Weeelllllll I have been in my barn every morning at 3am until time for work trying to figure out why one of my 454 mag mpi's would crank but pump would not prime or buzzer sound so no start. Not to mention a lost full day Sat and Sun...
fuses good, relays good and Volt gage worked too... after tracing the wires and testing each wire in the harness that has anything to do with the relay's starter, grounds etc.etc.etc.
It was one freaking 12v purple wire connection in a 7 wire plug way back in the corner of the dash...Seperated the plug cleaned what looked like a perfect plug and all is good... may not be your issue but only takes a little (crap) to screw up an electrical circuit..I am here to tell ya...
Old 03-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered

Grounding problem?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89 Baja 250
I started to wire my engine up today.I'm having problems with the wire that runs the starter solenoid. It seems to have low voltage and will not work the solenoid. When I turn the key.It will click like a dead battery. I ran a jumper wire from battery to solenoid and it starts right up. Not a dead battery. This one has got me stumped.
mine did the same thing .it end up being the seinod
http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/c/MER10G/...for+Mercruiser

Last edited by bajabob; 03-25-2010 at 09:28 PM.